’ve not been meeting deadlines and have been struggling to stay motivated these past few weeks.
Needless to say, life challenges have contributed to my procrastination to complete or get anything done. Getting myself out of this funk was my biggest challenge.
I know that I’m not the only one who encounters this dilemma.
Struggling with motivation can be a hard thing to recognize and even harder to overcome. Lacking motivation can affect your life in many ways: it can put a strain on your relationships, cause your work to suffer, and increase stress, among other things.
It can be hard to recognize that you have a problem with motivation and even harder to admit it and work to improve it.
So, I’ll share with you some of the signs you can watch out for to determine if you have a lack of motivation and why you may be feeling that struggle, and how you can fix it.
Signs of Struggling With Motivation
- You’re easily distracted — Everyone gets distracted from time to time, but this is taking it to a whole new level. If you’ve found yourself being distracted by any and everything all the time, you’re clearly struggling with motivation.
- You don’t want to do things — While everyone has things they have to do that they don’t want to do, if you find yourself strongly not wanting to do anything to the point that you find yourself unable to do anything. If you find yourself never wanting to even do something to further or better yourself, you might be struggling with motivation.
- You can’t finish anything — If you find yourself constantly starting tasks or projects that you never finish, you might be struggling with motivation. Without motivation, it can be hard to stick to a task or project all the to its completion.
- Why are you struggling with motivation? — It can be difficult to pinpoint the reason why you’re struggling with motivation. For each of the reasons listed below, we’ll list questions you can ask yourself to help you determine if it’s your source.
- Depression — Do you find it difficult to motivate yourself to do even the things you love, let alone the things you dislike but need to do? Is it difficult for you to feel motivated to even get out of bed? Have you found it difficult to feel happy more often than not?
- Feeling Stuck — Do you feel like you’re just going through the motions in your life? Do you feel like you’re just spinning your wheels and not getting anywhere professionally? Do you feel like you aren’t being challenged with what you’re doing? Are you frustrated trying to find purpose in your career path or life choices?
- Being in Over Your Head — Have you been feeling like you’re becoming overwhelmed increasingly easily? Do you feel like there’s no possible way to get stuff done so you just don’t try? Does each task seem so insurmountable and impossible that it sparks panic within you?
How To Fix It
As you can imagine, noticing the problem and admitting to it is only half the battle. You have to work on the problem to change your behavior and start feeling more motivated. There are a few things you can do to work on your motivation.
- Find something to inspire you — a reason to be motivated
- If depression is the source, talk to someone or seek help
- If you feel stuck, try to challenge yourself or take a risk to take the next step
- If you’re in over your head, try to delegate
Struggling with motivation can be detrimental not only to your work, your life, and your mental health., but it can cause stress, depression, frustration, and more.
I hope that as helped you to identify if you’re struggling with motivation and why.
“The struggles along the way are only meant to shape you for your purpose.” — Chadwick Boseman.
Meditation is a habit that may come easily to some. I have been meditating for over five years, but there were many days I found myself slipping. These days, not so much, not since I completed the no-cost Action Habits Challenge by Connie Ragen Green, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author, independent publisher, and serial entrepreneur.
If you’re interested in revitalizing your life through meditation and would like to learn a virtually risk-free, and cost-effective practice, that people of all ages can do with a little patience and guidance and that will serve you for the rest of your life, I would love to connect with you.I’m at Donna@DonnaPresents dot com.
I’m Donna SLam, who loves to blog about how meditation brings self-compassion, peace of mind, and clarity to my life and others by sharing tips and strategies on how to live a fulling and purposeful life. I enjoy championing others to lead a healthy and happy life through meditation, walking, self-development, and spending time with loved ones.
This article originally published on my site at https://donnapresents.com/7-signs-you-are-you-struggling-with-motivation/.